The initial step for submitting a plat for review and consideration by the City of Garland, begins with submittal of a “Working Plat” to the Engineering Department. An application and fee is not accepted at this time. After meeting all technical requirements and achieving “Acceptable Status”, a plat application can be submitted to the Planning Department for processing and subsequent consideration for action by the Plan Commission. After a plat is approved, it is filed with Dallas County and becomes a legal lot of record for which a site or building permit can be issued.
For specific information on plat types see GDC Chapter 3, Article 2.
The Plat Application can be found here: Plat Application - September 1, 2019 (PDF)
- Plat Review Checklist (PDF)
- Franchise Utility Companies (PDF)
- Franchise Utility Approval Letter (PDF) - Sample
- Site Engineering and Public Works Plans - Submission Information
- Building Permit Information