COVID-19 Facts & Resources
COVID-19 TESTING LOCATIONS
Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 19, every home in the U.S. can soon order four (4 ) free at-home COVID-19 tests. Go to https://www.covidtests.gov/ to learn more.
The CDC in coordination with the Department of Health and Human Services will open a COVID-19 testing location Thursday, Jan. 20, at Johnson Stadium, 1029 E. Centerville Road in Garland.
Preregistration is required. There will be NO walk-up or drive-up testing.
Register at https://ineedacovid19test.com/Garland_TX_14603.html.
For more information, call 800-635-8611 or email support@eTrueNorth.com.
Additional Garland area testing sites as of Jan. 18, 2022
Garland Health Center (Dallas County Clinic)
802 Hopkins St, Garland, TX 75040
- Appointment required
- Tests limited to established patients only
Instructions: Parkland patients can contact the COVID-19 Patient Line at 214-590-8060, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Unscheduled, drop-in appointments for the general public will not be available at this time.
Mon-Fri - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Walmart Quest Diagnostics
101 W Buckingham Road Garland, TX 75040
1855 S Garland Ave Garland, TX 75040
3959 Broadway Blvd Garland, TX 75043
Monday-Sunday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drive through
- Appointment required book online
Monday-Sunday 8 a.m - 5 p.m
Must make appointment on-line
2614 Lavon Dr
Garland Tx 75040
5434 Highway 78
Sachse, TX 75048
Appointment required book online
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1902 Pleasant Valley Road Garland, TX 75040
1372 Beltline Road Garland, TX 75044
2510 West Walnut Street Garland, TX 75042
3034 South First Garland, TX 75041
5702 Lavon Dr Garland, TX 75040
1413 Oates Dr Mesquite, TX 75150
7203 Skillman Street Dallas, TX 75231
10666 East Northwest Highway Dallas, TX 75238
10014 Garland Road Dallas, TX 75218
750 E FM 544 Murphy, TX 75094
750 W FM 544 Wylie, TX 75098
3430 Lakeview Pkway Rowlett, TX 75088
8626 Lakeview Parkway Rowlett, TX 75088
2129 East Beltline Road Richardson, TX 75081
1425 East Buckingham Road Richardson, TX 75081
1555 East Renner Road Richardson, TX 75082
325 West Spring Valley Road Richardson, TX 75081
Appointment not required
M-F: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat-Sun: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Garland Testing Center - 3821 Broadway Blvd Garland, TX 75043
Town East Mall Testing Center - 2063 Town East Mall Mesquite, TX 75150
Richardson Testing Center - 111 Spring Valley Rd Richardson, TX 75081
Richardson Square Mall Testing Center - 521 South Plano Road Richardson, TX 75081
PharmaQore Covid-19 Site
Appointment not required
3101 S Garland Ave
Garland TX 75041
Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Royal Lane Baptist Church
Monday - Thursday - appointments only
6707 Royal lane
Dallas, TX 75230
Mission East Dallas and Metroplex Project
4550 Gus Thomasson Rd Ste 36 Mesquite, TX 75150
Tests limited to established patients only
Mission East Dallas – Mesquite
4550 Gus Thomasson Rd Ste 40 Mesquite, TX 75150
Healing Hands Ministries Dallas
8515 Greenville Ave Dallas, TX 75243
Kearney Park Pharmacy
M-F 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
502 W Kearney St Ste 900 Mesquite, TX 75149
12800 Abrams Road Parking Lot E
Dallas, TX 75243
Mon-Thur 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
CareNow Urgent Care
Walk-in availability, online check-in
M-F 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. Sat 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sun 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
5106 N George Bush Highway Garland, TX 75040
565 W I-30 Garland, TX 75043
9323 LBJ Freeway Dallas, TX 75243
245 Cedar Sage Dr. Garland, TX 75040
- Monday-Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Appointments recommended; walk-ins not guaranteed
- Open availability
The CDC now recommends two additional options for how long quarantine should last for high risk exposures. Based on local availability of viral testing, for people without symptoms quarantine can end:
- On day 10 without testing
- On day 7 after receiving a negative test result
After stopping quarantine, people should:
- Watch for symptoms until 14 days after exposure.
- If they have symptoms, immediately self-isolate and contact their healthcare provider.
- When you get well, get vaccinated.
Duration of isolation and precautions
- For most persons with COVID-19 illness, isolation and precautions can generally be discontinued 10 days after symptom onset and resolution of fever for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medications, and with improvement of other symptoms.
- For persons who never develop symptoms, isolation and other precautions can be discontinued 10 days after the date of their first positive RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 RNA.
Role of PCR testing after discontinuation of isolation or precautions
- For persons previously diagnosed with symptomatic COVID-19 who remain asymptomatic after recovery, retesting is not recommended within 3 months after the date of symptom onset for the initial COVID-19 infection.